To be considered for a Summer Scholars grant, a student must be:
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- A student at a high school in Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, Nebraska, Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota
- Entering sophomore, junior or senior year of high school following your summer program. Most selected Summer Scholars will be entering junior or senior year.
Additionally, Summer Scholars are:
- Young women of high potential with a strong academic record and demonstrated leadership
- Students who have aspirations to matriculate at an academically rigorous and highly selective college or university